August 6 2015

Popular Tea Store In Progress for Burlington Location

By: Rich Hosford

A high-end tea store that has been gaining popularity in the past few years is looking to come to Burlington. 


DAVIDsTEAS, first founded in 2008 in Toronto Canada, is in the works to set up shop in one of the open storefronts at 19 3rd Avenue. 


Shane Morris, a representative of the company, was at a recent Board of Health meeting to variance on an external grease trap interceptor. He pointed out to the board that no food is prepared at DAVIDsTEAS so they won’t have a grease trap. Board members readily agreed and approved the variance and they also gave Morris an opportunity to talk about the incoming business to those watching the meeting. 


Morris said that 90 percent of the business is selling tea that people will brew at home and tea accessories. The remaining 10 percent is sales of beverages steeped on location. 


He said DAVIDsTEAS has 150 flavors and styles of teas available to customers. They include exclusive blends, traditional straight teas and exotic infusions from around the world. They also have a large collection of organic teas. 


The tea shop also has five teas launched each season that fit the time of the year. For example, he said in the holiday season they offer chai teas and things like peppermint teas whereas in the spring they will have fruit and citrus flavors that are better for making ice tea. 


No opening date has been announced at this time. 

 
Web Design by Polar Design